Every Sunday my husband and I have a date. Depending on the weather our date varies from a walk, lunch, coffee or just hanging out. Regardless of what we choose to do we always ask each other 7 questions.
- How did you feel loved this past week?
- How would you feel most loved & encouraged in the days ahead?
- How would you best feel pursued in sex/intimacy this week?
- Is there anything we would like to do differently this week than we did last week?
- How can I better serve you this week?
- What were your struggles this past week?
- How can I pray for you this week?
Prior to getting married we were told that the first year of marriage is the hardest. While there are many reasons for this, the main reason is lack of communication and a simple misunderstanding. When two individuals come together they each bring their own expectations, their own understandings and their own needs. My husband and I have learned that in order to love one another more deeply it is imperative that we communicate our needs. Thus these questions were formed.
These questions take us about 30 minutes every Sunday. These questions help us to communicate our needs and have been a blessing to our marriage and to us as individuals. We truly enjoy this time together. Not only are these questions great for newlyweds, but they are even great for couples who have been married for 50 years or more. We encourage you to set a day once a week and try this with your spouse (try them for at least a month). Feel free to adapt the questions to fit your relationship. What questions would you add?