New York City really comes alive in the summer. And us New Yorkers love taking advantage of the sunshine by enjoying afternoons and evenings spent at some of the best rooftop bars in NYC. But I suppose rooftop bars are a universal love affair- aren’t they? Over the past few weeks a plethora of you have reached out and asked which bars you should visit while in New York, so I decided to put together a list of my go-to rooftop bars.
- Gallow Green :: This rooftop is converted into what feels like a secret garden amongst the craziness of New York City. It has a great vibe day or night and a fabulous brunch. It’s one of my go-tos.
- Havens Rooftop :: Located on 47th, the location is great for drinks after work or before a Broadway show. The views are great and there is an abundance of seating.
- Le Bain :: Located at the top of the Standard Hotel, this rooftop is always crowded. Don’t be daunted by the line to get up, it does move.
- Monarch :: Located near the Empire State Building, this rooftop offers views of the city & yummy finger foods.
- Pod 39 Rooftop :: Does it get any better than a rooftop, skyline views and Mexican?
- Refinery Rooftop :: I love this place year round. They have a great outdoor area for the summer and a glass-inclosed space for the winter.
- Roof at Park South :: A great go-to, as it is larger than most other rooftop bars. It does get quite crowded, but they have some delicious finger foods and a great atmosphere.
- Classic Harbor Line :: As you may have seen here, I love these cruises year round!
- Tavern on the Green :: I love sitting outside at Tavern on the Green for a glass of wine and their cheese board. It’s iconic for a reason. We go here more often than we should probably admit. And Chris, one of the bartenders, is our favorite!
What is your go-to drink of choice at a rooftop bar?
Pin this photo!