If you’ve followed me for long, you probably know I love a good bottle of bubbly! I believe everyday deserves a glass of champagne and I always keep a bottle in our fridge. So when we were in Paris we knew we had to make a day trip to the Champagne region of France.
We originally booked 2 nights in Reims, but our Airbnb host cancelled last minute. So instead we ended up just doing a day trip from Paris. I would love to go spend a few days there in the spring, summer or fall. During the winter I recommend just doing a day trip since so much of the area is closed. But it is definitely worth a day trip at the very least!
Here are my recommendations of what to do in Reims!
- During the winter I recommend either a day trip or just a night (maybe two)
- During warmer months I would love to spend a week in the Champagne region. At least a couple days in Reims and a few days exploring the surrounding areas as well.
- Paris Charles De Gaulle CDG (airport)
- Champagne Ardennes TGV (train)
We didn’t get to eat at all of these restaurants, but they were recommended by locals!
- L’Assiette Champenoise
- Cafe du Palais
- Chez Jerome
- Le Parc Restaurant Les Crayeres
- Le Sisters :: we ended up here after Mumm’s due to convenience & became best friends with the owner. She was so sweet! We would go back simply to order a few glasses of champagne, a cheese board and to give her a hug.
Wine Tasting Suggestions
- The champagne region is divided into multiple cities. We spent our time in Reims, but I would love to come spend some time touring the different areas.
What would be on your to-do list in Reims?